- Portuguese language option added. Thanks to Felipe Aparecido Lima!
- French, Spanish, and Italian language options added. Thanks to Miguel Rivera and Emilie Robles for translations
- 'crunch time' set distribution added
- experimental: option to report on an individual player
- better default choices for some sections
- extended options for attack and block sections, heatmap style attack charts. Thanks to Michael Mattes for input
- match filter
- serve charts by opposition rotation
- blocking section added
- smoothed heatmap option for attack charts
- middle hitter attack report added to attack section
- improvements for VBStats data
- performance improvements
- updated serve, reception, team comparison sections
- set distribution by setter call
- new app! Note that this app is still under development, so things might change or break. Suggestions for improvements are welcome
Your uploaded files are processed and combined into a working data set. The output from the processing script and summaries of the data set are shown in this section. It is worth checking this log to make sure the processing went OK.
In particular, you will want to ensure that the team_id and player_id values are consistent across different DataVolley files. The team_id and player_id values are used to uniquely identify each team and player, and so if a player has different identifiers in different files, the app will think that these are different players.
The output from the processing script is shown below. It is worth checking this log to make sure the processing went OK.
The list of team names and team_id values. If a team appears more than once, it likely has different team_id values in different files.
A summary of the matches in this data set. This might help find duplicate or missing matches.
The list of player names and player_id values. If a player appears more than once, they likely have different player_id values in different files.
The subscription fee is $12 AUD per month (approximately $9 USD or €8 EUR at current exchange rates).
This app works with data files from the DataVolley scouting software. Users have full control over their data sets, and reports can be updated as new match files are added (e.g. as the season progresses).
A club's files can be uploaded and maintained by one or more people (say, coaches or scouts), and access provided to coaches, players, and technical staff.
The results will be logged to help improve the app. Your DataVolley or VBStats files (if uploaded) will not be kept.
App developed by Ben Raymond and Adrien Ickowicz.
The '2017-18 PlusLiga' example data set (16 matches from that season) was kindly provided by Mark Lebedew.
The 'MEVZA Men 2013' example data set was obtained from the Middle European Volleyball Zonal Association website.
Note that these MEVZA files were scouted with no start or end zone information on any play. Random start and end zone values have been added to some plays, purely for the purpose of demonstrating the functionality of this app. But they're random, so they don't actually mean anything.
Version: , using datavolley version 0.13.15