Check a DataVolley or AOC VBStats file for errors and inconsistencies. Contact .
The following options only apply to DataVolley files:
Text encoding used in file
(only applies to DataVolley files)
(If blank the encoding will be guessed, but may not be successful — you might see incorrect accented characters in e.g. player names.)
- PDF export of match analysis
- support for AOC VBStats files
- 10,000 files have now passed through the validator!
- Better support for beach volleyball files (let us know if you find issues). Thanks to Martin Plessl for guidance
- Support for recently-added extended codes (thanks to Matthias Lerch)
- Players without positions (outside/opposite/etc) in the player list will be flagged
- Support for files generated by DataVolley Media (thanks to Hugh Nguyen). If you use DV Media and find problems, please let us know
- Play-by-play overview tab added
- Option to flag unexpected serve receivers, thanks to Hai-Binh Ly for the idea
- Experimental support for VolleyMetrics scouting conventions
Are there problems with this report? Please consider to help improve this tool.
This app parses the main body of the DataVolley or VBStats file into a tabular data format, which can be downloaded here as a CSV file. This can be imported into other programs and apps, including the Binary Sports video analysis software.
The subscription fee is $12 AUD per month (approximately $9 USD or €8 EUR at current exchange rates).
This validator checks for common errors and inconsistencies in DataVolley and AOC VBStats files. Note, however, that these scouting software packages are quite flexible and can be used in different ways by different scouts. It is not possible to anticipate all such usages, and so this app might sometimes report "errors" that are in fact perfectly valid usage. With DataVolley files, this is particularly likely if you have changed the evaluation codes (#!=/-+) to have meanings that are different to their standard definitions.
This app has benefitted greatly from advice and input from a number of coaches and scouts, including Mark Lebedew, Olaf Garbe, Cris Bocca, Gerhard Bader, Hai-Binh Ly, Martin Plessl, Matthias Lerch, and Hugh Nguyen.
Tailored validation to your particular usage may be possible. The cost of this service will depend on the extent of tailoring required. For support, customized validation options, and extended functionality, contact .
The results of your validation will be logged to help improve the app. Your input file will not be kept.
Science Untangled and this validator application have no affiliation with or endorsement from DataVolley. Similarly, the application's support for VolleyMetrics scouting conventions is not endorsed or supported by VolleyMetrics.
Use the validator at your own risk. While every effort has been made to make it accurate, no warranty is given.