Check a DataVolley file for errors and inconsistencies. Contact .
Text encoding used in file
(If blank the encoding will be guessed, but may not be successful — you might see incorrect accented characters in e.g. player names.)
Analysis and reporting of your DataVolley files (app in early development).
- Match analysis tab added
- Improved checking around rotation errors
- Option to exclude setter tips from the check of back-row players making front-row attacks
- Bug fixes, including an error in the feedback submission. Apologies if you tried to submit feedback and it didn't work!
- More robust detection of text encoding.
- Checking of 'ace' encodings, serves not followed by reception.
- Recent increased usage of this app has led to a steep increase in hosting costs. It is still possible to use the app for free, but free usage is now subject to restrictions. See the pricing tab for more information, including subscription options for users who wish to avoid these restrictions.
- Additional checks: libero making an attack/block/serve (thanks to Mark Lebedew), block by a back-row player, serving player not in position 1, front-row player attacking from back row.
Are there problems with this report? Please consider to help improve this tool.
This app parses the main body of the DataVolley file into a tabular data format. The parsed data can be downloaded here as a CSV file (e.g. for further analysis in other programs).
here. The subscription fee is $12 AUD per month (approximately $10 USD or €8 EUR at current exchange rates).
This validator checks for common errors and inconsistencies in DataVolley files. Note, however, that the DataVolley software is quite flexible and can be used in different ways by different scouts. It is not possible to anticipate all such usages, and so this app might sometimes report "errors" that are in fact perfectly valid usage. This is particularly likely if you have changed the evaluation codes (#!=/-+) to have meanings that are different to their standard DataVolley definitions.
This app has benefitted greatly from advice and input from a number of coaches and scouts, including Mark Lebedew, Olaf Garbe, Cris Bocca, Gerhard Bader, and Hugh Nguyen.
Tailored validation to your particular usage may be possible. The cost of this service will depend on the extent of tailoring required. For support, customized validation options, and extended functionality, contact .
The results of your validation will be logged to help improve the app. Your DataVolley file will not be kept.
Science Untangled and this validator application have no affiliation with or endorsement from DataVolley. Use the validator at your own risk. While every effort has been made to make it accurate, no warranty is given.
Validator version: , using datavolley version 0.4.16