Check a DataVolley file for errors and inconsistencies. Contact .
Text encoding used in file
(If blank the encoding will be guessed, but may not be successful — you might see incorrect accented characters in e.g. player names.)
- Players without positions (outside/opposite/etc) in the player list will be flagged
- Support for files generated by DataVolley Media (thanks to Hugh Nguyen). If you use DV Media and find problems, please let us know
- Play-by-play overview tab added
- Option to flag unexpected serve receivers, thanks to Hai-Binh Ly for the idea
- Experimental support for VolleyMetrics scouting conventions
- Match analysis tab added
- Improved checking around rotation errors
- Option to exclude setter tips from the check of back-row players making front-row attacks
- Bug fixes, including an error in the feedback submission. Apologies if you tried to submit feedback and it didn't work!
- More robust detection of text encoding.
- Checking of 'ace' encodings, serves not followed by reception.
- Recent increased usage of this app has led to a steep increase in hosting costs. It is still possible to use the app for free, but free usage is now subject to restrictions. See the pricing tab for more information, including subscription options for users who wish to avoid these restrictions.
Are there problems with this report? Please consider to help improve this tool.
This app parses the main body of the DataVolley file into a tabular data format, which can be downloaded here as a CSV file. This can be imported into other programs and apps, including the Binary Sports video analysis software.
The subscription fee is $12 AUD per month (approximately $9 USD or €8 EUR at current exchange rates). Subscriptions have a 21-day free trial period: cancel your subscription within the first 21 days and you will not be charged.
This validator checks for common errors and inconsistencies in DataVolley files. Note, however, that the DataVolley software is quite flexible and can be used in different ways by different scouts. It is not possible to anticipate all such usages, and so this app might sometimes report "errors" that are in fact perfectly valid usage. This is particularly likely if you have changed the evaluation codes (#!=/-+) to have meanings that are different to their standard DataVolley definitions.
This app has benefitted greatly from advice and input from a number of coaches and scouts, including Mark Lebedew, Olaf Garbe, Cris Bocca, Gerhard Bader, Hai-Binh Ly, and Hugh Nguyen.
Tailored validation to your particular usage may be possible. The cost of this service will depend on the extent of tailoring required. For support, customized validation options, and extended functionality, contact .
The results of your validation will be logged to help improve the app. Your DataVolley file will not be kept.
Science Untangled and this validator application have no affiliation with or endorsement from DataVolley. Similarly, the application's support for VolleyMetrics scouting conventions is not endorsed or supported by VolleyMetrics.
Use the validator at your own risk. While every effort has been made to make it accurate, no warranty is given.
Validator version: , using datavolley version 0.6.6