Check a DataVolley or AOC VBStats file for errors and inconsistencies. Contact .
The following options only apply to DataVolley files:
Text encoding used in file
(only applies to DataVolley files)
(If blank the encoding will be guessed, but may not be successful — you might see incorrect accented characters in e.g. player names.)
- checking that each rally has a winning or losing action
- checking of quick attacks against player role (middle/other)
- VBStats improvements, added 'Summary of action' column to validation report
- video time also shown HH:MM:SS format. Thanks to Willem de Wit
- PDF export of match analysis
- support for AOC VBStats files
- 10,000 files have now passed through the validator!
- Better support for beach volleyball files (let us know if you find issues). Thanks to Martin Plessl for guidance
- Support for recently-added extended codes. Thanks to Matthias Lerch
Are there problems with this report? Please consider to help improve this tool.
This app parses the main body of the DataVolley or VBStats file into a tabular data format, which can be downloaded here as a CSV file. This can be imported into other programs and apps, including the Binary Sports video analysis software.
Three subscription options are available:
This validator checks for common errors and inconsistencies in DataVolley and AOC VBStats files. Note, however, that these scouting software packages are quite flexible and can be used in different ways by different scouts. It is not possible to anticipate all such usages, and so this app might sometimes report "errors" that are in fact perfectly valid usage. With DataVolley files, this is particularly likely if you have changed the evaluation codes (#!=/-+) to have meanings that are different to their standard definitions.
This app has benefitted greatly from advice and input from a number of coaches and scouts, including Mark Lebedew, Gerhard Bader, Cris Bocca, Olaf Garbe, Matthias Lerch, Hai-Binh Ly, Hugh Nguyen, Martin Plessl, and Willem de Wit.
The results of your validation will be logged to help improve the app. Your input file will not be kept.
Similarly, the application's support for VolleyMetrics scouting conventions is not endorsed or supported by VolleyMetrics.
Tailored validation to your particular usage may be possible. For support, customized validation options, and extended functionality, contact .